Dynamics Mobile Instructor Led Course
APPA Mundi’s Microsoft Dynamics® Mobile training courses last three days and teach you how to:
- Use the Microsoft Dynamics® Mobile Development Tools to develop and customise mobile applications for Microsoft Dynamics®
- How to deploy and manage mobile applications using the Mobile Server
- How to use, deploy and customise the Mobile Sales application from Microsoft Dynamics®
The course runs over three days during which you will learn how to develop, deploy and manage mobile applications that extend the power of Microsoft Dynamics® NAV or Microsoft Dynamics® AX to handheld devices.
During the first day of the course, you will learn how to develop applications using the Mobile Framework component of the Microsoft Dynamics® Mobile Tools.
The Mobile Framework enables you to build modularized mobile business applications tailored to specific roles in your company. Using the Mobile Framework (an extension of Visual Studio® 2005) developers can quickly create mobile applications from reusable components called tasklets. Tasklets can be combined in different ways to cater to the needs of individuals. This RoleTailored architecture leverages the power of Windows Mobile®-based devices and helps mobile users become more effective and efficient in their daily tasks.
The architecture of the Mobile Framework makes it easy to reuse, deploy, and combine individual tasklets with customer-specific processes or work flows. Mobile applications created with the Mobile Framework operate on any QVGA device that runs on Windows Mobile 5.0/6. Communication with the back end server is done through XML Web services handled by the Mobile Server.
During day 2, you will learn how to configure and manage the Mobile Server component of the Microsoft Dynamics® Mobile Tools.
The Mobile Server provides the technology infrastructure to connect your mobile business applications with Microsoft Dynamics® supporting different networks such as WiFi and GPRS.
The Mobile Server enables applications to work offline as well as online and takes advantage of a local database to enable offline operation during periods of limited or no network connectivity.
A management console snap-in, Deployment, manages the deployment of mobile applications to mobile devices. Document service helps ensure the communication between the mobile devices and Microsoft Dynamics®.
The final day covers the Mobile Sales application, which is a full proof of concept example application from Microsoft Dynamics® Mobile. You can use this as the basis of your own solutions, or as a learning tool to discover how design and implement applications using the Mobile Development Tools. During this day, you will learn how to install and customise the Mobile Sales application.
Mobile Sales is RoleTailored and task-driven and an ideal solution for field sales representatives and other mobile employees who need to work in remote locations. Using Mobile Sales, field sales representatives can plan visits, review relevant sales information, and create orders. Mobile employees can use the calendar and task functionality of Microsoft Pocket Outlook® directly from the application to get a full view of their daily activities.
Mobile Sales consists of small task components, tasklets, which can be combined in numerous ways to cater to individual needs. Mobile Sales can work offline as well as online and takes advantage of a local database to enable offline operation.
Mobile Sales supports barcode scanning and works with Microsoft Office Mobile to provide access to tasks and appointments via Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 on a Windows Mobile powered device.
This training is intended for people with the following goals and level of experience:
- Solutions Architects who wish to design mobile applications that integrate with Microsoft Dynamics® NAV or Microsoft Dynamics® AX. Prior experience of designing solutions for Microsoft Dynamics® is not required. Experience of developing .NET applications using Visual Studio is recommended.
- Application Developers who want to build applications using the Microsoft Dynamics® Mobile Development Tools. At least one year experience of developing .NET applications using Visual Studio is required. Experience of developing applications for Windows Mobile is not required.
- Development Team Leaders who will be responsible for leading a team of developers building mobile applications using the Microsoft Dynamics® Mobile Development Tools. At least one year experience of developing .NET applications using Visual Studio is required. Experience of developing applications for Windows Mobile is not required.